Thursday, January 1, 2009

BIAY- Lets get started!!

I realized something wonderful about the BIAY plan at www.christianity.com - It does not reset after a year is up! I logged in this morning to find all of January still checked from when I read it in January '08! No, I'm not cheating, I'm reading the passages again! But what this does mean, is, I can go through the year from last year and continue doing "extra" reading to ensure that yes, I have read every passage in the bible. This year, some will be twice ;) When I got "behind" this past year, I did not skip forward to the current date, I kept reading from the point I was at. So, right now, technically, I ended '08's readings at the end of October.

So what I've done is registered at the site (for free) with a different screename, and am currently registering for the BIAY plan in the bible study tools section of the site. If you have not registered yet, you will have three options to choose from:
(from the site:)

  1. Book Order Read from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 in the order in which the books of the Bible are arranged.
  2. Classic Read 3 passages each day, starting with Genesis, Psalms, and Luke. From the original Bible Study Tools reading plan.
  3. Old Testament and New Testament Read one passage from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament each day.

I prefer classic, because classic goes chronologically, not book for book. It helps me understand better. The next step is to choose your version (I read KJV); then there's a calendar where you choose your starting date. I'm choosing today.

You can choose whatever plan you want, and start whatever day you choose to. The idea of the challenge is to check in here with each other each day to keep each other accountable for what we have committed to do. A simple "I'm here, I read!" in the comments area is enough to participate. However, when you participate in discussion, it enriches the experience. Share a verse that jumped out at you. Let us know "hey those geneologies about put me to sleep" ;)

If you blogged about your reading, linking us to your thoughts on your own blog constitutes participation. But we want more than "just" participation- this is a chance to make new friends, learn about each other, encourage one another, and help us grow closer to our Lord! There will be blessings along the way, too. I have some giveaway ideas rolling around in my head. *g*

Remember to grab the graphic from the sidebar and add it to your blog, or in your message board signature if you participate in forums anywhere. I'm wearing it in my sig at iVillage :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment