Tuesday, July 14, 2009

495: Gratituesday: July 14th


click here to read more Gratituesday posts

Today is huge. Just HUGE. Many months of prayers was answered last night. Unexpectedly, no less. Not an actual specific "God make this specific thing happen this way ...", no, I've learned not to limit my God that way, with my personal expectations. I know he can exceed them and part of the joy of being His child is waiting to see what He will do in our lives- even when we do not deserve it. That's the bigger praise today. God chooses to bless us, even though we continually fall short of what we want to be for Him! He brings a peace upon us that ONLY he can bring. You can walk into an easy situation believing it is God, when in reality, it is fleshly security that our minds find in situations that we dismiss as God's peace. So right now, even though I am positive God answered a ton of month's worth of prayers last night, and I am so grateful for the opportunity that's been presented before us, I'm still seeking his total peace on the situation.

Have you ever heard the saying "if it's to good to be true... then it is"? That's what's happening right now. Our kids are back in Christian school, despite a recession in the economy. Our bills are being paid, despite Jay's being demoted a few months ago. We have WONDERFUL landlords. We had an awesome turnout at our yard sale last week to meet school bills. The kids and I had a terrific vacation last week for a lot less money than we expected. What more could we ask for? Then a call comes in last night. Traditionally, I would chalk that call up as too good to be true. There's a catch somewhere. Truly, I would. However, I see God's hand in this. I see what he's done over the past number of months. I see how he has placed every piece of this puzzle perfectly in place for us, and even though I know I see this, it seems like I am outside of myself asking "is this really happening? why us? we've done nothing to deserve this." and we don't, but by the grace of God this is happening.

What's happening? I can't tell :p~~~ but rejoice with me, you'll find out in due time! It's HUGE!

Meanwhile keep an eye out, I have a GREAT giveaway coming up. Do you like mystery books? What would you think about a Christian murder mystery?

2 comments:

  1. Wendy,
    What a great post. It is very comforting we have a God whom we can trust in. Hope beyond hope. Knowing He will take care of us and all is done fr our good when we are His children.

    I look forward to learning more about you and your life as I "sneak" around your blog.

    May our Lord bless you and your family. Can't wait to hear your big news!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the times when Romans 8:28 is shown loud and clear in life. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete