Tuesday, June 23, 2009

GratiTuesday: June 21st

I've been pondering on a good number of things recently as we have been getting into summer. One of the greatest among my list of thoughs has been how blessed we are to be in the church we are in. To be plugged in to the wonderful church family we have, is such a tremendous gift. We were saved as a result of this church's ministry, and it is the only church we've ever attended. So how do I know I have a GOOD church?
From hearing of other churches- other good churches and the differences and similarities the two have, and other not-so thriving churches. I can look at everything our church does, and apply biblical doctrine or principle behind it. The doctrine is taught as doctrine, and the principles are not taught as such, but are grounded in the Word of God.

We have, to this date thankfully, not had a specific earth shattering thing happen in our family that has caused this revelation of just how great our church is. I will say, when Jordan died last year (well, that was shattering), the amount of support that was showered not only upon me, but my family, was so encouraging. It just reiterated the fact to me that I had a wonderful church. I had a blessed church. More than that, I am thankful to be in a church that is biblical, and takes following God's Word seriously. and we know how to have fun, too :o)

I love my church family!

No comments:

Post a Comment