Friday, June 19, 2009

464 Family Friday: June 19th

It's Family Friday time again! Family Friday is hosted by HomemakerBarbi.com, thank you Danielle!

Last week we covered a foodie update and how things are going cooking for mom and dad, the end of soccer season and some parenting ponderings.
On Monday I reposted a devotional about cultivating the fruit of the spirit- love. As a parent I often ponder the notion of God's love toward me, and how I can show that towards my children. Going a step further, my challenge as a Christian parent is to bring my children to where they each have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Both have professed such a relationship, so not only are they my children, they are my brother and sister in Christ (they think that's cool). Not only am I now their first look at how they see God as an authority figure, I am also to be that example of how Christians are to treat each other. It's a good devotional, I believe. I hope you'll read it and let me know what you think.

Tuesday I was pondering laziness. That is something that truly affects me as a parent, and wife. How has society affected out perception of laziness in recent decades? Have we actually come up with a way to excuse it? It really got me to thinking because how we perceive laziness ... or the complete opposite- will reflect how our kids will look at it. Check it out. I have to say since I wrote that, more things have gotten done in the house this week!

I transferred a ton of pictures this week, and got an awesome one of the kids. It was so great I was going to enter it into the iheartfaces.com contest this week, but my internet went wacky. Therefore, the picture become my Wordless Wednesday. I shared the story behind it yesterday for Tell Me Thursday. I started a Raising Foodies series yesterday, as well. It's on adventurous eaters. I've spent a good amount of time concentrating on Hannah and her pickyness with food, I wanted to highlight Jackson, who is the opposite. He's an adventurous eater. His motto: "If it doesn't eat me first I'll eat it". I also went to court, yesterday, too.

I hope you all had a great week, and I look forward to seeing all of your posts! Be sure to leave your links for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment