Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I ♥ apple slaw by Hungry Girl

I ♥ Hungry Girl!! @HungryGirl
I've gotten her emails for years it seems. Jay got me Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories week before last. I was so proud of him. We had been at Target not over a week before, and as we were passing the magazine stand I stopped at the endcap and pointed out both of her books (the other one was Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World) along with the new Gosselin book (Eight Little Faces), and said "Here, here, and here. If there's ever a moment you might think you'd want to suprise me with something, either of these books will work". (I had already read Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets when I was laid up in bed with strep throat back in January when Target didn;t have the third season of Grey's Anatomy DVD in stock!). So he come home bearing gifts a couple of weeks ago. Whatta guy!

SO - I've been pouring over this book for the past week and a half, and have been shopping, picking up what I need to make my Hungry Girl recipes. This slaw is GOOD. I made my own broccoli slaw so it was less expensive, too. I love that it is so simple.

1 medium Fuji apple
1 medium Granny Smith apple
2 C dry broccoli slaw mix
1/2 C plain FF yogurt
1/2 Tbsp honey
3/4 tsp granulated Splenda

Cut the apples ito matchsticks. Mix with the slaw.

Mix the wet ingredients- add to the slaw- chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Love this recipe? Get the book for yourself! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment