Saturday, February 14, 2009

Meet Jackie Chan

LOL, nooooooo, not the actor Jackie Chan! I'm honored if you think I have that much pull ;) No, Jackie Chan is our hermit crab. Last school year Jackson's 3rd grade class had pet hermit crabs. Jackson showed so much interest he got to bring them home at the end of the school year. I say "them" because there was another one, but it died over the summer.

I've been rather suprised because Jackie Chan seems quite happy to be by hisself, even though everything I've read says they are very social and like being in groups. It's said you can tell if a crab is happy be the active movement of their antennae, and overall activity. I noticed it in a particularly active mood one weekend and decided to film some clips for anyone who's interested in this type of thing :o)

The clip below was Jackie Chan just "hanging out" (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment