Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Day '09

This is from our annual baby day event we have at church.The infants and the one year olds are presented on stage with their parents of course ;) ... they take a quick snapshot with the Pastor and off the other side of the platform. After they're done the twos and threes go on stage and sing a couple of songs. For my newer readers I teach the three year old class with some wonderful friends, every Sunday during the worship hour. It's hard to believe I'm going on my seventh year! :-O
There are three of us weekly teachers (same ladies have been with me about four years now, praise the LORD!) In the past six weeks or more our average has been between 20-25 threes, each week. What's amazing to me is each week we're always missing "regulars", so if everyone actually all came, we'd probably have 30 kids! I just love that.

So we have the routine down pat and start teaching them the baby day songs in July (baby day is in January, lol). Apparently one of the twos was having a good time next to the mircophone, which explains the sporadic giggling of the congregation, lol
If you watch towards the middle of the stage (behind the left fern plant), you'll see a couple of the threes doing their sign language for Jesus Loves Me. We'd been working for months (since July!) with them on the motions and a lot were doing really good in class. but that's one of those chances we take with ones so little, you never really know what's going to happen once you actually get on stage.

Anyhow, I thought it was adorable and wanted to share one of the greatest prides in my life- my ministry :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment