Thursday, February 12, 2009

raising foodies 2-12


This week I am highlighting our "vension scramble" recipe.
Ingredients:
1 lb (you could actually pull this off with 1/2 lb) sausage- we are a hunting family so we get t use tasteful deer sausage compliments of my brother in law's awesome spice-recipe.

8 eggs, or 1 pint of egg substitute.

1 Cup (or a little less) of shredded cheese of your choice, we like extra sharp cheddar for this.

Directions:
Scramble your sausage:




When the sausage is ready, add the eggs, stir well, then add the cheese until everything is melted and done


My camera went wonky that night so I didn't get a picture of a finished product, sorry! This is a kid favorite in our house, and Hannah (7 yo) can fix the whole recipe herself. It's easier using the egg substitute when she's cooking.

I enjoy using the Fit & Active brand egg substitute. You can buy it at Aldis for $1.99, which is a GREAT deal. I cannot tell a difference between that and a name brand!


This column is a part of:

Grace's Kitchen Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment