Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Are you scared yet?

I've mentioned the current health care debate before. This is far from over, and more and more people are becoming involved in this debate by contacting their representatives. Have you gotten involved yet? I'll throw a disclaimer out here for my Canadian friends- I love you and have no disrespect towards you. But I do not want socialized or nationalized health care. At all. There are a great number of Canadians that are speaking out now, not wanting America to go down that route, either.

This is not the last step towards fixing our health care system. No, it is not perfect. Yes, it needs changes, but socialized / nationalized care / government mandates is NOT the answer. This post is very worth reading:
"A Look At Some Items In The Socialized Medicine Bill" (HR3200) Blog post (alternate link)

There are a number of reform bills that have been introduced by republicans, but they are shut out in DC. The democrats refuse to debate the introduced bills or even discuss it. They are not even allowed allotted time to speak on the house floor, anymore. It's their way or the highway. This is why it is so important to have a "clean sweep" in next year's elections. To vote in people who represent the people, and not their own ideologies and personal purposes. People who will not have those pesky voters removed from their offices, but will stop and listen to them.

People who acknowledge that there are people that might disagree with them, but won't publically hold a character assasination straight out of Alinsky's playbook. Ridicule just shows how little you really are DNC!

re:


Cause let me explain something to you (those who put out this ad, or supports this ad):

I cannot be "back", I was never "there".
I didn't "lose" the election, I was not running. Furthermore, I voted for the bottom of the Republican ticket, NOT the top!
I never battled over the Recovery Act, I became an activist after the Act was signed.
YOU done NOTHING for Children's Healthcare but CONTINUE what a REPUBLICAN started to begin with.
I never had the confidence of the Americans, I was never an elected leader.
Eight years = I had nothing to do with. I'm not very happy with that crowd, either.
YOU had JUST as much to do with THIS failed economy as republicans, moreso since 2006 when YOU took the majorty. WAKE UP!
YOUR policies are costing Americans EVEN MORE jobs NOW! Can we say stimulus lies?
The election win was not "overwhelmingly".
NO ONE has told me to show up ANYWHERE- I do so because I AM a citizen concerned about her country- because I don't trust YOU with it as far as I can throw you!

The White House has now started asking for people to report those who oppose Obamacare:

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

My question is: what are they going to do with this information once they get it? Oddly enough, the original message included "or in casual conversation ..." oh but that did not go well over the weekend. So they adjusted themselves. Maybe they'll keep adjusting them selves until they realize free speech is free speech?

Lastly, this post, "Stupidly Retarded", is a hoot. She writes with all the sarcasm I just dream of writing with. I'm not that brave, but she is ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment