Friday, March 24, 2006

"I am"

This is just awesome-
talk about positive affirmations!


I am me. I am made in the image of God, just a little lower than the angels. I am unique. In all the world there is no one exactly like me. That means that everything which comes out of me is important. Nothing I say is meaningless. Everything about me is important. My body. My mind. My spirit. My dreams. My ideas and opinions. My talents. My feelings (positive and negative). My words. All my thoughts and actions are important and they make me a unique contribution to life.
I can accept myself because God accepts me. I can ensure myself because God loves me. I know I matter because God lived in Jesus Christ and through Him gave me the chance to love abundantly, eternally.
I do not have to be perfect to be loved, because God has loved me even while I was imperfect. This means that I am important even when I have "rough edges" in my life and when I make mistakes, even big ones.
I can fall. I can stumble. God still says, "I love you!" I don't have to have everything cleaned up for God to accept me. And knowing that, I can live with myself. And I have hope that I can take all that I am and all that I have to God (the good and the bad) and He will keep on improving me.
I can be totally honest. I have something to look forward to. With His help and guidance I will be even more effective in living, loving, and serving than I have been before. Tomorrow will be better than today.
I am not afraid to keep at the task of enriching what is good in me and discarding what is not. I can use God's grace and all of my faculties to work at the task of self-improvement. I am worth spending time on.
So I accept the fact that I am important. I have eternal value. I like myself. It is okay to be me. God has said it! I believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment