Monday, December 12, 2005

Jackson says ....

So we went to the store this evening to get craft items and baking supplies. As we were unloading the car getting ready to walk up the steps to our upstairs apartment, I notice Jackson looking up at the units. We live on the far left end of the building, and our next door neighbor moved in July. As I was getting bags out of the car he says "Mom no one ever moved into their apartment. I was looking forward to having more kids to play with...". I mumble something to the effect of maybe kids will still move in when it gets warmer or something ...
Then he says it.

As he's pointing to the empty unit, he says "Mom when I grow up, I'll move into that apartment and live next door to you.... that way when you fix supper I can come over and eat with you ... and when you leave, I can go with you..."

Awwwww ......
Then Hannah yells from the top of the steps "C'mon guys, it's cold!" and the moment is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment