Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Getting to know me

This is gonna turn into my "novel of moi". I need a good title for this, got any ideas?
I'm going to start with seven ....

1) Have your kids had the chicken pox?
Neither of mine have had chicken pox as of yet. Both have had the vaccine, though. I'm waiting to see how Jackson is going to do today. I feel so bad for him. He's like a radiator!

2) Did you go on a honeymoon? Where? Tell us about it.
My dad paid for our honeymoon. We went to Banner Elk, and stayed in dad's timeshare he has up there. We fished every day in the lake (pic's in that last link). It was awesome because it would be between 72-78oF during the day, then get between 40-50s at night. There's gas logs in the units so we had the best of both worlds, in July!!

3) If you could tour one country all expenses paid, where would you go?
Italy, hands down. If I believed in former lives, I would have to say I was Italian, LOL I love everything about that country as far as the food, land, etc. In Italy they stop in the middle of the day, like whole towns, to take a nap. That's my kind of place!!

4) What is your life verse and why?
Proverbs 3:5-6, self explanatory ;o)

5) What kind of car do you drive? What is your dream car?
I drive a white 2004 Pontiac Grand am, my dream car is a brand new pink Cadillac :p

6) If you work outside the home, what do you do, and do you like it? If you don't, what job would you like if you decided to/had to go to work?
I work in and out- I have a Mary Kay business!

7) What does your family do to celebrate Easter?
Church, dinner, ressurection cookies and biscuits ..

8) Are you naturally a morning person, or do you need "special conditions" to be able to function in the morningtime?
Yes, I require special conditions- an early bedtime, an early wakeup (having the ability to kick around a bit before I have to get ready...) and a good cup of coffee! Otherwise it's just not natural, lol I used to have to be at work at 6am every morning, it was nothing for me to hop out of bed around 4, shower, primp, and be all cheery and such BY 6!

9) Which way do you hang your toilet paper?

I don't, too lazy, lol is that bad? I don't even know where the spindle is :p

10) Do you remember where you were when the space Shuttle Challenger blew up in 1986?

Yes, I do. I was in 5th grade, they had brought a TV into our classroom so we could watch :o( That pretty much turned me off of any hope for a space fascination, really.

11) If money were no object, where would you go on your dream vacation? (I want details--time of year, weather, activities, etc.)

(copied form a previous post-) Italy, hands down. If I believed in former lives, I would have to say I was Italian, LOL I love everything about that country as far as the food, land, etc. In Italy they stop in the middle of the day, like whole towns, to take a nap. That's my kind of place!!

As for what we would do- I would want to go during harvest time and participate in the wine making process; I would want the weather to be fall'ish, I would want to visit the local restaurants, family and gourmet, and follow the chef's around and pick at their brains (hey, money's no object, I could buy that, couldn't I? ;o)

11) When did you first know there was a God?

Wow, what a great question. I truly understood there was a God when I was 14. I knew 'about' God while I was younger, but the understanding was not there. I believed when I was 21.

13) Up to this point what has been the best day of your life?

(copied from another post-) The day I witnessed Jackson being born again. That was priceless. I would dare say that seeing that happen was better than receiving my own salvation, but it is because of my own salvation and relationship with the Lord, that made that event as precious as it was- because I did have a clue. When I got saved I didn't have a clue as to what life would be like, but seeing him get saved, I knew that his life was going to be better than mine was growing up.

14) How to you talk to others to share Christ with them, if they are non saved?

I talk about him whether they're saved or not ;-) My conversation is pretty much a testimony, be it expressing thankfulness for 'whatever' (weather, that I didn't fall on that step, test grades, lol etc). It took me a while to be comfortable with the level of spirituality in my conversation, but the verse "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31) really grabbed a hold of my heart and he would not leave me alone until I started speaking.

I guess he knows me well enough to know that one thing I do-do well is talk to people, and talking is something I do, therefore my conversation should be "to the glory of God". At first I was afraid people would cast me off as "religious", but I've found the opposite (imagine that, lol). I believe there has to be a level of tact, humility, and respect bundled into one when doing this, especially when you don't really KNOW who you're talking to, if that makes sense.

All this to say, my life is an open book with his praises coming off on every page. People tend to bring the spiritual side up them selves; so if they wanna talk, they know I'm all ears. Now, I do invite people to church, and to MK meetings (some meetings are quite spiritual depending on who's speaking- MK's philosophy is God first, family second, career third, and that is alays mentioned when guests are present. Which gives me another way to talk about the Lord- when I talk about MK to people ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment