Friday, February 17, 2006

Gotta bloggit- Mandisa

I just found an article that records what happened with Mandisa this week (emphasis mine):

In a confrontation that had been promoted in previews, Mandisa Hundley talks to Simon about his comments after her first audition. Mandisa says “Well, you didn’t need a bigger stage but you could have got a bigger chair. Simon, a lot of people want me to say a lot of things to you, but this is what I want to say to you.

It’s that yes, you hurt me, and I cried, and it was painful, it really was, but I want you to know that I’ve forgiven you, and that you don’t need somebody to apologize in order to forgive somebody, and I figure that if Jesus could die so that all of my wrongs could be forgiven, I can certainly extend that same grace to you so I just wanted you to know.” Simon replies “Mandisa, I’m humbled, come here give me a kiss.”

However, the two never actually kiss, but just share a hug instead. After letting Mandisa know that she has made it to the final 24, Simon and Mandisa hug again. Simon claims that “we’re sort of dating,” but Mandisa responds “you’re not my type.” As Mandisa walks away, Simon finally says “I do apologize.”

I'm such a weenie. I'm not sure why that scene has had such an emotional effect on me. The courage it took her to say that ... but how freeing at the same time!! What a mighty work of the holy spirit in her life!! Come to find out she is a popular gospel singer. I can't wait to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment