Monday, April 23, 2007

Dr Visit (4/23)

Monday, April 23rd, 2007, 2:04 pm


I spoke with my boss last night and felt it was a better idea to be seen today since my irritating sickness has gtten worse since I broke my nose, especially this weekend. My chest is tight, I'm coughing, hacking, snotting, name it. It's been hard since I cannot blow my nose either! They said if I did I risked bacteria going through the breaks and that area becoming infected.

So guess what?

It's infected. The area around the break has infection surrounding it, and well, my sinuses (ouch)...

I am also having a reaction to the tetnus shot, which I figured (ouch is the word) ...

and she's written me out of work for the week because I cannot take any risks of my face getting "bopped" by one of the kids. That was a fear of mine but I didn't want to seem irrational, kwim? It's not just my nose, but my face.

Oh, and my left jaw is inflamed due to the impact and the fact I've learned I have TMJ.

WHICH, co incidentally, when all this is over, I will be seeing a dentist for because TMJ is a known trigger of migraines!! Can you believe it? It took me breaking my nose to find this out!!

So she sent me home with antibiotics, valium for my neck and shoulders, refills for imitrex, and an excuse for work to return next monday.

I'm going to take a nap now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment