Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Davinci Code

Everyone is buzzing over the code these days because of the new movie that is premiering this weekend. I was so bummed when I heard that not only Tom Hanks was starring, but Ron Howard directored it! I was bummed because I knew I would have nothing to do with it myself.

I personally will not be seeing it because I am not going to allow my dollars to support such apostasy (this is a direct attack on Christianity and nothing less) - even though I love Hank's work, and Ron Howard. My personal conviction is, my loyalty to Christ is more than my love of Hanks, Howard, and well-made movies (because there's no doubt the movie could be entertaining because, well, Ron Howard made it and Hanks is the star!; in this case that's not the point...)

I know enough about my faith, and what the book claims, to be able to answer any questions that come up.

Did Jesus and Mary Magdelene (sp?) have a child? Well shoot no!
Was she pregnant at the cross?
No!
Was she supposed to be the head of the church and Peter bumped her out?
No!
Did Jesus stay dead and not rise again?
NNNNOOOOOO!!!

With the above answers being no, then-
Did the Catholic church cover all this up to push forward Christianity, just another religion? Nope!

See what I mean? We know the answers, the movie really does not need to be seen to counsel a confused one about the issues. The idea would be to know enough about our faith, not about the movie IMO :O) But if one REALLY is curious, to not support the Code, they could read "BREAKING the DaVinci Code", a book that was out last year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment