Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Will you be making cookies this year during the Christmas season? I usually make my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies the day of our fall festival, at the kid's now-former school. It's the provate school that is associated with our church, so we were still planning on going (my working in it ..), like usual. It's tradition for us, been doing it for five years now!

But the week of the festival, Jay's grandmother passed away. The funeral was the day of the festival, and it was raining, so we did not get to make it to the destival. Due to the funeral events (cooking, planning, etc ..) I didnt get to bake the cookies like I usually do. So guess what? It's technically not fall yet ;) Oh you didn't know that? It's not fall until my cookies are totally eaten, LOL

I'm going to reformat the recipe this year to make it more healthful, too.
I'd also like to do some cut out cookies and decorate them with the royal icing with the kids, I think they'd like that a lot. Have you ever done that?

We usually have a cookies swap for my Sunday school class, but I don't believe one is planned for this year. Maybe I'll host one. That would be so much fun! Have you ever been to a cookie swap?

Will you be making cookies this year during the Christmas season?
Have you ever baked cutout cookies and decorated them?
Have you ever been to a cookie swap?
What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

Speaking of sweets. I found a new blog "Bakerella", and I am in AWE of this woman's talent! The photography on this blog is mesmorizing, not to mention the sheer yumminess of it all. She also has a giveaway going on through December 6th, too. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment